Thursday, September 15, 2011

What maintenance items should I change on my car before a long trip?

I'm changing my wiper blades but I just wanted to know if any one has any opinion on what I should change on my vehicle before going on a long trip.
What maintenance items should I change on my car before a long trip?
Oil change, Coolant Check, Windshield wiper fluids, Tire pressure, tire tread depth, spare tire pressure (60 PSI!). Check battery, hoses, belts, and check for leaks. Make sure your tire pressure is set to a good amount, if your tire pressure is low, it will not be able to carry the amount of load your car is going to be holding. A long trip sounds like a lot of items, make sure your tires are able to hold that amount of load.
What maintenance items should I change on my car before a long trip?
water, oil and check your tyre's for rips and the tyre depth
Take it to a place like auto zone and have them check your

1. alternator

2. battery

3. wiper blade

4. check engine light.



It is also good if you havn't had your oil changed lately or are close to your 3000 miles to do this.

Then check your air filter to see if its dirty, if it is replace it and you should also replace your pcv valve. Can also check your wires and plugs.
check oil. washer fluid, air filter, tire pressure, power steering, transmition fluid, break fluid, Anti freeze. and gas should check all those and maybe others for a long trip. to see if it was low or need to be replaced
I would check the Transmission Fluid level, many people do not check this for some reason.
If you keep good maintenance up on your car then there is really very little to do. Just a good look over and fluid check will be fine. You can change oil if the miles you are traveling will exceed the next oil change. Changing wiper blades is a good idea.If you have any doubts go to a mechanic and tell him what you what to do. Have fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment