Thursday, September 15, 2011

What kind of services can I do on my Nissan?

Here is what I already have:



Oil Change, Tire Rotation, New Wiper Blades, Front end wheel alignment, New air filter.



What else can I do on my car?
What kind of services can I do on my Nissan?
Depends what it needs and who's doing it. If you mean what can YOU do personally, well, if you have the desire, anything. I have rebuilt a DOHC V8 engine from the ground up in my garage with a $250 set of craftsman hand tools and a torque wrench, but have been unable to rebuild my brake calipers myself because of the amount of specialized tools required, as sad as that sounds. Otherwise, basic services would be a tune up, timing belt/water pump, head lights, taillights, brakes, shocks/struts (with a spring compressor for struts), greasing the chassis bushings and such...thermostat, coolant flush and fill, changing the transmission fluid. There's a lot you can do, and almost nothing that can't be done at home with basic hand tools and just a little work.

No comments:

Post a Comment