Thursday, September 15, 2011

I have a 1995 Ford Windstar GL. I am trying to replace the rear wiper blade and I found the right one but?

its becoming a pain in the butt to put on. It didnt have one on before, so I can not use that for an example. Anyone ever change on on a vehicle like mine? I know this sounds stupid but its driving me nuts. Thanks for any information!
I have a 1995 Ford Windstar GL. I am trying to replace the rear wiper blade and I found the right one but?
All wiper blades have typically one or two ways to mount depending on the style mount present @ the end of the wiper arm. 1st.- is where the flat bar of the arm folds around into a %26quot;U%26quot; shaped hook. In the crook of the hook @ the blade will be a plastic clip that is attached to the blade. The clip will have an %26quot;ear%26quot; that needs to be pushed/pried away from the outside of the arm while sliding the wiper blade off the arm. 2nd.- Is if the end of the wiper arm has a %26quot;pin%26quot; sticking out the end of it that the blade pivots on. The pin will have a recessed groove in it(won't be visible till blade is removed) that a spring on the wiper blade catches on to secure itself to the arm. Pick the blade %26amp; arm up off of the glass and using a small flat blade screw driver, keys or some other tool push straight down on the spring @ the pivot pin. While doing this wiggle the blade side to side while pulling it away from the pin. With some effort should come right off.



Hope this helps!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment