Thursday, September 15, 2011

How can I change my wiper blades?

On my 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
How can I change my wiper blades?
Buy them from an auto parts store and they offer to install them for free. Why get dirty?
How can I change my wiper blades?
By unhooking the old ones and pushing in the new ones.



It really is that simple.
umm, I hate to sound like an @#!, but dont. go to an auto parts store and ask them to do it.
My autozone always ask to install them when I buy them. If they break them they have to put on new ones. Why take the chance? They install batteries for free too.
I looked into your Owners Manual and I found the answers in section 5 page 57. They are as follows: Remove and replace a windshield wiper by following

these steps:

1. Put the ignition in the accessory position and turn

the windshield wipers on.

2. Stop the windshield wipers when they are in the

upright position by turning the key to the off position.

3. Pull the windshield arm away from the windshield.

4. Push the release lever on the windshield arm (A).

5. Slide the assembly up and off the arm (B).

To attach a new windshield wiper arm do the following:

1. Push the new wiper blade assembly onto the

arm of the windshield wiper. Make sure it snaps

over the release button.

2. Place the windshield wiper on the window.

3. Turn the windshield wipers off.

4. Turn the ignition off.

Windshield wiper blades should be inspected at least

twice a year for wear or cracking. See “Wiper Blade

Check” under Normal Maintenance Replacement Parts

on page 6-13 in the maintenance schedule for more

information.

Replacement blades come in different types and are

removed in different ways. For the proper type and

length, see Normal Maintenance Replacement Parts

on page 6-13.



I hope that helps you with this issue!



Jeff Morris, GM Customer Service

No comments:

Post a Comment